Saturday, May 05, 2007

Visit from Grammie Mathie

Grammie Mathie came down for a visit this week and we had so much fun! We did some major shopping and of course were spoiled rotten! Max took a little while to warm up to her but after a couple of days was putty in her hands. It was fun for me and Morgan to watch a bond grow between them!
The first day she was here we went to Paradise Mall in Scottsdale where she bought Max some cute new outfits from babyGAP and then we had lunch and she and Max rode on the carousal. After we came home and got her settled then headed back out to look for a stroller and eat at a little Mexican restaurant.
On Thursday we met Morgan for lunch and spent some time up in Scottsdale at the Nordstrom Rack where she bought me a cute new outfit:) We ate at Rumbi's and had to hurry back to make sure Morgan got to his last class on time. We stayed home that night with a Costco pizza and watched the Jazz win!! Go Jazz! Grammie helped me make new drapes for our 3 obnoxious living room windows and they turned out FABULOUS! We spent most the night measuring and remeasuring the fabric.
On Friday Morgan came home early from school so we headed up to the Scottsdale mall. We got sidetracked on the way up and spent a little time at the D.I. of Nordstrom aka Last Chance. There were a couple of good finds, but overall just very dirty. After we headed up to Fashion Square and had lunch and looked for strollers and a belt for Max. No go on either and by 2 o'clock Max was ready for a nap so we headed home. Then Morgan and I were lucky enough to have Grammie babysit Max for the night so we could go to dinner with our friends. We went to the Elephant Bar and had a great time! I really love Max more than anything, but sometimes it's nice to enjoy my meal at a leisurely pace instead of shoveling it in my mouth as I chase him around! We got home early and Grammie was holding Max in her arms while he drank his bottle and we knew he had finally warmed up to her. It was the sweetest thing!!
Saturday came too soon and Grammie helped us with a few decorating ideas for our living room and kitchen. Such an improvement!! It definitely was nice to have a fresh outlook and new suggestions. Our front/living room/kitchen look a lot better, so thank you Grammie!
It was sad to see her go but we hope she had a fun vacation and will do it again soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the great time down in Arizona. I loved being with all of you especially Max. Hopefully he won't forget me and will be happy to see me when you come up to Utah. You kids are doing a fantastic job raising a beautiful little boy.

Z Family said...

What a joy it is to see your little one bond with grandparents and what a GREATER joy for them to babysit. I am so impressed that you MADE your draperies. I am a dingbat when it comes to sewing. I am very impressed!